Volunteer Orientations are held
twice a month.
To confirm date and time and to register
please call the office, 831.426.3062
Dear Prospective Volunteer:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Walnut Avenue Women’s Center where our mission is to provide high quality support and services to women, children and families so they might have the skills and opportunities to thrive. There are many programs in which to volunteer your time. The Walnut Avenue Women’s Center has five core programs and there are volunteer opportunities in all of our programs.
Before you begin, there are a few steps:
1. ORIENTATION: To sign up for the next volunteer orientation call 831-426-3062 and tell the receptionist you would like to sign up for the next volunteer orientation.
2. REVIEW VOLUNTEER HANDBOOK: Volunteer Handbook
3. APPLICATION: Fill out the application you received at the volunteer orientation.
4. MEET WITH VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR: Call 831-426-3062, ext. 221 to schedule a meeting with the Volunteer Coordinator. If you have selected a program or volunteer opportunity that requires you to get fingerprinted or get a TB test, please complete these steps prior to scheduling your meeting with the volunteer coordinator.
5. TRAINING: Training requirements depend on the program selected for your volunteer commitment.
6. COMMITMENT: Particular programs do have minimum time commitment requirements but we are happy to work with volunteers on creating short and long term volunteer opportunities.
Then you begin!
This may sound like a long process but because of the nature of our services, it is necessary for us to know as much about you and prepare you for your volunteer work with our participants.
The Walnut Avenue Women’s Center has more volunteers than paid staff. We simply could not begin to serve all of the participants who walk through our door without a strong, committed volunteer base.
If you have questions, please call the Volunteer Coordinator at (831) 426-3062 Ext: 206.